In January 2007, I weighed 420 lbs . In February 2009, I was down to 255 lbs and within 100 lbs of my goal weight. I couldn't get the scale to budge and gave up. By August 2015, I hit a personal high at 442 lbs. Now I'm on a renewed journey to health.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

263!

I'm up 8 lbs from my low of 255 lbs a couple of weeks ago. I've got to take control of this. My exercise has been fine, but my eating has been pretty bad. I will put away my scale until May 31 and really focus on better eating.

3 comments:

Blue said...

About 2 weeks ago I had a weekend of overindulging and wound up 10 LBS!! higher. I know I didn’t eat an extra 35,000 calories in addition to the 2,000 my body burns up daily. It’s just IMPOSSIBLE. I thought it was water/waste, but 2 weeks later I’m STILL up 6 lbs despite perfect eating. So frustrating and scary. I’m no scientist, but I wish one would study this phenomena! Maybe they already have. There has to be something going on with how the obese/formerly obese gain weight so easily.

It’s not fair but it is what it is, and even with the odds seemingly stacked up against us, our health (and weight!) is always in our hands. Even if we do have to work a little harder and longer than others.

You’ll get through this Amy! Maybe hiding the scale til the celebrations end is a good idea.

jules4422 said...

Amy - I'm having the same experience! I was at 255 just just three days ago -- and back up to 260 in, well, 3 days!! I know I didn't eat 10,000 extra calories...though I did eat heavier than usual over the weekend. The end of a school year is tough -- lots of celebrations and home-cooked goodies come around. Hang in there! We'll get back to 255 before we know it!!

Tamzin said...

Sounds like a good plan! :)