In January 2007, I weighed 420 lbs . In February 2009, I was down to 255 lbs and within 100 lbs of my goal weight. I couldn't get the scale to budge and gave up. By August 2015, I hit a personal high at 442 lbs. Now I'm on a renewed journey to health.

Monday, January 5, 2009

Sloooow

I had to walk very slow on the treadmill today because I'm nursing the tailbone injury. I walked for 35 minutes and the fastest I went was 2.7 mph. (Usually the slowest I go is a 3.0 mph, and I walk for at least 45 minutes). I was only able to clock 1.4 miles. (I usually get in 2.5 miles).

It was a great opportunity for me to reflect though. When I first started walking on a treadmill about a year and a half ago, I would go at about a 2.2 or 2.3 mph and only get .7 of a mile and had to stop at 30 minutes. That would absolutely wear me out. That was about 100 lbs ago.

Another thing I reflected on are the calories I'm taking in. I have used working out as an excuse to pig out. I actually lost weight the last four days with little to no exercise, but I limited my caloric intake to about 1500 calories or a little less.

In the next month or so, I need to get exercise while allowing my tailbone to heal. I often want too much too soon; I need to be careful of that. I also need to watch the calories. The tennis coach who runs my fitness center offered to show me some exercises to improve my lower back when I'm ready. He also offered to help me with loose skin. All good news.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I feel so bad for you! Two years ago I slipped on ice in a parking lot in Montana and really fuckered my knee. I tore my MCL but it was not operable so I had to inch along at a slow pace until I recovered. I gained so much weight though! You sound like you are on top of that issue though!