In January 2007, I weighed 420 lbs . In February 2009, I was down to 255 lbs and within 100 lbs of my goal weight. I couldn't get the scale to budge and gave up. By August 2015, I hit a personal high at 442 lbs. Now I'm on a renewed journey to health.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Down 5 lbs?

This morning I weighed in at 270 lbs. I have been hanging around there for a couple of days. I'll wait a couple of days to own it though. That's a lot of weight (about 4 lbs) in six days. I guess that is about a week; it is possible.

This proves to me that there is something to calorie counting. I really like the USDA site http://www.mypyramid.gov/. For the last few days, I have plugged my food into my pyramid tracker throughout the day. It really helps me plan for my last meal. I know what my body is missing by consulting the site. For instance if I haven't had enough veggies (typical), I'll eat a big ol' plate of veggies for dinner.

Not everyone is ready for this I suppose, but I'm in my third year of weight loss and life changes. It's time for me to treat food like fuel.

2 comments:

purple_moonflower said...

Own it!! It's yours! I know it is surprising to see such a drop, but it does happen.

Danielle said...

Great job! That is a lot in six days! What an encouragement after your fall and hiccup with your activity level!