In January 2007, I weighed 420 lbs . In February 2009, I was down to 255 lbs and within 100 lbs of my goal weight. I couldn't get the scale to budge and gave up. By August 2015, I hit a personal high at 442 lbs. Now I'm on a renewed journey to health.

Friday, January 9, 2009

Bridesmaid

My BFF is getting remarried and asked me last night to be her matron of honor. The wedding is April 25. She married for the first time in 2002, and I was her maid of honor. I wore a 4X moo moo dress. It was ugly and tent like. I looked more like the mother of the bride. I had to buy the dress in a specialty shop. Thankfully I was her only bridesmaid, so I didn't have to worry about matching the other women.

This time I will wear a much more fitted dress that I can buy off the rack at the bridal shop! It is even sleeveless! It is the exact same dress the other bridesmaids will wear. I am thrilled. I do need to tone these arms and tan though. Just three and a half months to go!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Yeah... I have horror stories about bridesmaid dresses... It is nice that you already know that you fit in one off the rack! Victory!

Q102Briand said...

I am so proud of you and what you have accomplished! You will rock that dress!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting to the point of being able to get your bridesmaid clothes off the rack, that is a big accomplisment. I was in my buddy's wedding last year and at over 500 pounds had to have a suit custom made. It was horrible (and expensive!), I can't wait for a time when I can do the same as you. Great job so far, glad I found your blog, and good luck today and this week as you move forward!!!!!!!

Tori Leslie said...

Oh I'm so excited for you. I can't imagine how good you are feeling and hey by April you'll be done even more.

Congrats on your success thus far.