In January 2007, I weighed 420 lbs . In February 2009, I was down to 255 lbs and within 100 lbs of my goal weight. I couldn't get the scale to budge and gave up. By August 2015, I hit a personal high at 442 lbs. Now I'm on a renewed journey to health.

Friday, July 10, 2009

Tummy Tuck

I went for my annual pap today and talked to my GYN about my weight loss. He also happens to be a cosmetic surgeon and we discussed a potential tummy tuck and liposuction for myself. He said I can go ahead and do it now, even though I have 100 lbs more to lose. He also said that it's not very likely the insurance company will pay for it.

I have done a little more research this evening and believe I will ask the doctor to send a predetermination request to the insurance company and see where that takes us. I have also decided that I should lose more weight before the surgery. I'll have plenty of time to lose weight while I work out a way to pay for the surgery.

1 comment:

Becky Fyfe said...

Good luck with the possible surgery. I may need to take the surgery route once I hit my target weight too!