In January 2007, I weighed 420 lbs . In February 2009, I was down to 255 lbs and within 100 lbs of my goal weight. I couldn't get the scale to budge and gave up. By August 2015, I hit a personal high at 442 lbs. Now I'm on a renewed journey to health.

Monday, July 27, 2009

The good news about plateaus

So yesterday I ate A LOT of my husband's leftover birthday cake. And guess what? I weighed 255 lbs this morning. Just like I did the morning before and the morning before that and the morning before that. I've weighed 255 for nearly 3 months now. It's got to break soon.

By the way, it should be no surprise that the cake gave me a headache and made me crave crap all day long.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thhe bright side of a platuau...I like it. Use it to sneakin a treat.

Anonymous said...

Your post reminded me of the time this summer when the kids had gone to the county fair and brought home a huge bag of cotton candy for "mom" to enjoy the next day. Of course I promptly ate the whole thing at breakfast (no, I know it's not a breakfast food!) and was sick the rest of the day. I can't stand the sight or thought of it now.

I've also been at a plateau for a YEAR and they are hard to break.

Brightcetera said...

Oh cake, my Nemesis!
I'd have the same cravings if I ate it.

I can't believe how far you've come. It's just amazing to me.
The plateau hopefully is broken soon for you.

Ma'am put down the knife and step away from the cake ...

purple_moonflower said...

I just did a post on plateaus...They suck!! Everyone has advice about them, it is just figuring out what will work for you. It will break, it will just take time and work.