In January 2007, I weighed 420 lbs . In February 2009, I was down to 255 lbs and within 100 lbs of my goal weight. I couldn't get the scale to budge and gave up. By August 2015, I hit a personal high at 442 lbs. Now I'm on a renewed journey to health.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

It's the Iron!

Perhaps some of you will remember my posting about fainting after a meal (in June) and nearly blacking out after another (in May).  I finally saw my doctor last week, and he said it sounds like I may be anemic and suggested I take an iron supplement.  

This sounded like a potentially correct diagnosis because I have cut back a lot on red meat and my iron had tested low when I tried to donate blood in April.  I have been taking iron supplements for about a week now and feel fabulous!!!  I don't feel nearly as tired anymore either!

There is also more good news from my doctor's visit!  My triglycerides are at 161!!!!  This is FABULOUS considering they were at nearly 300 about 2 years ago.  I still need to work on them though; normal is 150 or lower.  Up to 200 is borderline.  I am THRILLED to be borderline!  It seems to take forever to get triglycerides down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is great that it was something so simple! Now that we have eliminated red meat from our diets, thanks for the heads up for me to be looking for signs in either one of us!
Congrats on the triglycerides, too - that is great!