In January 2007, I weighed 420 lbs . In February 2009, I was down to 255 lbs and within 100 lbs of my goal weight. I couldn't get the scale to budge and gave up. By August 2015, I hit a personal high at 442 lbs. Now I'm on a renewed journey to health.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Plateau Busting

I first hit 255 lbs in early May and have been hovering there ever since. There are two main reasons for this "plateau": (1) I have eaten out a lot this summer (too many calories, food that doesn't fuel my body, etc.) AND (2) I have kept up my exercise but rarely exercise two days in a row (mainly because of my June teaching schedule).

My goal this week is to exercise for 5 days in a row and to only eat food that fuels my body. I really think that will break the plateau.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!

I agree that that should break it - I hit a plateau back in April for 10 weeks and exercise broke mine - I've lost about 17 pounds since then!

You can do it - you have done fabulous so far!

DadTo2 said...

You'll do it. You've come way to far not to do it.

Eric

Anonymous said...

Everyday exercise made a huge difference in getting me over the hump of my last plateau.

You're doing good.

Stick with it, and good luck. It'll work...you'll see.