I have been at a conference for the last three days and tried to minimize my conference behavior as best as possible.
The positives: I ate oatmeal in my room every morning. I worked out in the fitness center two of the three mornings I was there. (In fact, I had to go to a panel early Thursday morning and worked out AFTER it and then had to reshower and redress for the rest of the day!) I chose restaurants that we're a good walk from the hotel. I even took the stairs in the hotel a couple of times. I never had a non-water beverage. I ordered a side salad instead of fries at dinner on Friday.
The negatives: I ate a big ol' piece of chocolate cake at the luncheon on Friday and split a bread pudding five ways at dinner on Saturday. I also ate way too late on both Thursday and Friday night. I didn't track my food on mypyramid.gov .
All in all, I was happy with my behavior. It's OK to misbehave a little on vacation. I did have a strange thing happen though. After a meeting, a woman approached me and showed me her driver's license. She was 200 lbs heavier in the photo. We proceeded to have a conversation about weight loss. I have no idea why she approached me. I don't know how she knew about my weight loss or if she even did know. We are going to try to put together a panel about our weight loss experiences for next year's conference.
Progress Found
1 day ago

1 comment:
Sounds like you did fantastic! Being away from home and making good choices isn't easy.
Post a Comment