In January 2007, I weighed 420 lbs . In February 2009, I was down to 255 lbs and within 100 lbs of my goal weight. I couldn't get the scale to budge and gave up. By August 2015, I hit a personal high at 442 lbs. Now I'm on a renewed journey to health.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Lent

I gave up all non-water beverages for Lent, and I was successful! It wasn't really that difficult, especially when I reminded myself why I was doing it. Every time I was tempted to have a non-water beverage, I thought about the sacrifices Jesus made for me. The cross vs Diet Dr. Pepper. Jesus wins.

The sacrifice saved me money as well. I never realized how much money restaurants charge for soda and tea until it was no longer on my bill. Additionally, I realized just how much artificial sugars give me a headache and increase my hunger. I feel dizzy right now from the four Diet Dr. Peppers I had today. And I'm sure the half of bag of Baked Doritos didn't help.

On the exercise front, I had to Walk Away the Pounds with Leslie Sansone today because the gym was closed for Easter and it was too cold and wet to walk outside.

3 comments:

Fat Bridesmaid said...

Nice! Go you!

Sandy Hentzel said...

That's great! Now if I could only give up my diet wild cherry pepsi, that is my drug of choice.

purple_moonflower said...

I understand the diet soda thing. Diet Coke (no matter what flavor) is my drink. I have cut back though and try not to drink as many (maybe one a day). Now...I'm drinking Crystal Light more....Ugh!