In January 2007, I weighed 420 lbs . In February 2009, I was down to 255 lbs and within 100 lbs of my goal weight. I couldn't get the scale to budge and gave up. By August 2015, I hit a personal high at 442 lbs. Now I'm on a renewed journey to health.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Vacation

I'm on Spring Break this week and am spending it out of town. It is so tough to maintain a health lifestyle away from home.

I feel pretty lost without my scale. I usually weigh myself every morning and kind of plan my calories around the weight. If I'm up a little bit, I try to keep the calories to 1800 or below. If I'm on target and have been for a few days, I'm OK with splurging a bit and letting those calories go over 2,000 a bit.

I have to eat on other people's schedules as well. I think my husband's parents would rather eat one big meal at about 3 o'clock everyday. That doesn't work for me. I pretty much have to force them to eat lunch AND dinner. They pigged out at lunch yesterday and then weren't hungry at 6 o'clock when I needed to eat dinner.

It's also tough to exercise without my treadmill or track. Yesterday I went into town and just started walking. I guessed when I hit a mile and guessed when I hit 1.5. I turned around at 30 minutes and came back. I then used my car to clock miles and guess what? I was pretty dang close. It's nice to know that I'm pretty consistent whether I'm on a treadmill, on a track, or on the street.

I'll pick up my 5K packet today or tomorrow. It's just 2 days away!!!

3 comments:

~ugly girl with a beautiful heart~ said...

Good luck on your 5k!!!

Sandy Hentzel said...

I sooo know what you mean. I have the same problem when I go out of town too.

Good luck today!!!!

Erin said...

there is something called google maps pedometer. you can use it anywhere in the us. you mark on the map where you walked/ran and it tells you the distance. you can also use it to plan ahead (ex: map out a mile). It will also calculate calories burned!!