In January 2007, I weighed 420 lbs . In February 2009, I was down to 255 lbs and within 100 lbs of my goal weight. I couldn't get the scale to budge and gave up. By August 2015, I hit a personal high at 442 lbs. Now I'm on a renewed journey to health.

Sunday, March 8, 2009

158 lbs gone


This photo was taken a couple of days ago at a luncheon at my work. (That's one of my students next to me). I really enjoy having my photo taken these days. I realize now that I used to be ashamed of my appearance and was just in denial of that fact. It feels good to be healthy.

By the way, that's a chicken salad sandwich in front of me. Thank goodness the bread wasn't good; it made it easier not to eat it!

9 comments:

WWSuzi said...

You look absolutely awesome!!

Danielle said...

WOW. You have lost so much weight. WOW! You have less than 100 to go! How exciting!

Sandy Hentzel said...

Lookin' good!!!! You are an inspiration to me, esp on my bad days. Keep up the good work!!

~ugly girl with a beautiful heart~ said...

You're doing soooo amazing! What an inspiration! Congrats, you look wonderful!

The Real Me said...

Wow! I just found your blog (someone accessed mine from yours). You are amazing! I can't believe what progress you've made. Very impressive.

No wonder you love having your picture taken, you're gorgeous.

Great job!

~closed~ said...

Great picture! You look so happy. Having less than 100 to lose would make me happy too. Congrats on your hard work and dedication. You look beautiful!

purple_moonflower said...

You look great! Only 97 lbs to go. You rock!

Anonymous said...

You look great! You are very inspiring as a gal who has about 146 pounds left to lose!

Becky Fyfe said...

You look gorgeous!

I used to hate having my photo taken too. The closer I get to my goal though, the more and more I don't mind having it taken.