In January 2007, I weighed 420 lbs . In February 2009, I was down to 255 lbs and within 100 lbs of my goal weight. I couldn't get the scale to budge and gave up. By August 2015, I hit a personal high at 442 lbs. Now I'm on a renewed journey to health.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Post-5K Report

Yesterday was my first 5K. I completed it in 50:43, which is faster than my practice times of around 57 minutes. I actually did a mile in a little over 16 minutes; I usually do a mile in 18:30. I guess having all of those people around pushed me to go harder. I did not want to be the last one in, and I wasn't...but barely. I would really like to do a 10K next year.

I finally was able to get back on the scale this morning. It looks like I'm 262 lbs. I had a couple of big meals, but overall I'm happy with my eating. So 262. Two pound gain. No biggie.

7 comments:

purple_moonflower said...

Congratulations on your first 5k! That is so great! You are inspiring! I am training for my first 5K in June.

Also, I have something on my blog for you. :-)

~ugly girl with a beautiful heart~ said...

Congrats on your first 5k! That is an awesome NSV!! Way to go!

Sandy Hentzel said...

WTG on your FIRST 5k!!! You inspired me. I told my brother I would do one this fall with him, so I better get my bootie in gear.

Keep up the great work!

~closed~ said...

Congrats Amy on your first 5K! A 16 minute mile is very good!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Anonymous said...

Is it possible to contact administration?
By the way, anybody home?!

Anonymous said...

how to buy a mini cooper government auto fuel ratings generating information for auto update shadetree auto suzuki motor price