I FINALLY found a 5K that works with my schedule! Yay! I am registered for a 5K on March 21. That's the final Saturday of my spring break.
It's a St. Patrick's themed race and all of the money raised will benefit people who can't afford vision help. This excites me for three reasons: I'm Irish, I grew up extremely poor, and my mom is legally blind. This seems like the perfect 5K for me.
Additionally, it's in the town where my in-laws live. That'll give my husband a chance to spend time with his parents.
My only fear right now is that I'll be the slowest finisher. It'll take me an hour to walk 3.1 miles. I guess that could potentially be embarrassing. I'm not too worried about that right now though; maybe I will be as the walk gets closer.
Progress Found
1 day ago

2 comments:
Awesome! That is such a big step and you can do it. It doesn't matter how long it takes to finish the race. Signing up, participating and finishing it is a great accomplishment! You can do it! Don't focus on the time.
Amy - congrats on registering. You're going to do it. I know it!
Post a Comment