In January 2007, I weighed 420 lbs . In February 2009, I was down to 255 lbs and within 100 lbs of my goal weight. I couldn't get the scale to budge and gave up. By August 2015, I hit a personal high at 442 lbs. Now I'm on a renewed journey to health.

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Refried Beans

Refried beans have to be one of the greatest foods ever. No fat, low sugar, high fiber, low calories, and they make me feel very, very full. That's what I needed tonight: something to make me feel very, very full.

I have eaten far too much chocolate and other sweets (pumpkin pie, wedding cake) in the last three days. It has put me way over my preferred daily calorie intake. I didn't need to have a big dinner tonight. So I heated up a can of fat free refried beans (with 2% cheddar, onion, and hot sauce). Yummy. I feel very satisfied.

Just about all of the sweets are gone now. Thank goodness. I want my non-December life back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum, I'm going to make some! I think you're right, they are a good antidote to holidays.