In January 2007, I weighed 420 lbs . In February 2009, I was down to 255 lbs and within 100 lbs of my goal weight. I couldn't get the scale to budge and gave up. By August 2015, I hit a personal high at 442 lbs. Now I'm on a renewed journey to health.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Oh, Oprah

Here is the link to Oprah's editorial: http://www.oprah.com/article/omagazine/200901_omag_oprah_weight

You know, I haven't been a very big fan of hers for the last couple of years, but I'm impressed with this article for a couple of reasons.

First of all, it was smart of her and her people to address her weight gain. Obviously, people had noticed and were/are talking about it. The tabloids really love it.

Secondly, the piece is well written. She explains her medical condition but still takes responsibility for not exercising or eating well. It's quite inspirational actually.

No comments: