In January 2007, I weighed 420 lbs . In February 2009, I was down to 255 lbs and within 100 lbs of my goal weight. I couldn't get the scale to budge and gave up. By August 2015, I hit a personal high at 442 lbs. Now I'm on a renewed journey to health.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sugar and Carbs and Everything Nice

I've eaten far too many carbs and sweets this week. They just make me hungry. It's like I just can't get enough to eat. Put that on top of my WTF attitude because of this plateau. It's not a good combination. I have kept up the exercise, but I feel pretty defeated. I REALLY need to see the scale go down. It's been months now.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear. I so hate plateaus. Try your best to hang on...it has to break soon.

Anonymous said...

I had a plateau this spring that lasted TEN WEEKS...nearly three months. So, I can feel that pain.

I am happy to say that despite feeling defeated and wanting to give up, I didn't. I was 319 then, 295 now.

It will happen - hang in there!

purple_moonflower said...

I understand what you are going through. Just hang in there! Plateaus are disappointing and frustrating, but they do break. It will break!

2Bmeagain said...

Don't give up! Look at the big picture of how far you have come and where you eventually want to be. You can do it!

Lynn said...

On a plateau,try to keep your head straight, but shake up something else, like your meal plan, or vary your exercise. Try doing more intense exercise every other time, or try switching to a higher-protein calorie mix. See if you can drop starch carbs from your diet completely for four or five days, and then see where the scale goes! And best of luck.

Amy AS said...

Thanks for all of the support. I like the idea of giving up carbs for a few days. Well, I don't LIKE it, but it is a potentially effective idea. It will be hard for me though. I LOVE carbs.

2Bmeagain said...

I have given you a blog award. Congratulations!

Check it out at

http://noweighivedoneitagain.blogspot.com/2009/08/one-lovely-blog-award.html