In January 2007, I weighed 420 lbs . In February 2009, I was down to 255 lbs and within 100 lbs of my goal weight. I couldn't get the scale to budge and gave up. By August 2015, I hit a personal high at 442 lbs. Now I'm on a renewed journey to health.

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Blogging Research

I am going public with the blogging research on Monday! My first presentation is that evening at at fitness center in a neighboring town. Thank you to my 50 research participants out there. You know who you are (I won't out you), and I appreciate you very much. Hopefully what you told me about blogging and weight loss will help others.

I have two other presentations scheduled and am working on a couple of others. I did hear back from the journal where I originally submitted the study. They are not interested, but I did get a lot of really great feedback. I'll rework the piece and send it elsewhere. I do have another journal in mind.

In personal weight loss news, I don't think I busted the plateau. I guess I really am going to have to get serious about calorie restriction. I'm not looking forward to it.

7 comments:

Brightcetera said...

Hi Amy,
Will you be able to share any of your research here or will that compromise privacy for some?
I'd love to hear others' experiences blogging about weight loss.

Hope your plateau breaks soon for you. It must be frustrating.
Cheers!

purple_moonflower said...

The research sounds interesting and I would love to read about it.

Sorry your plateau didn't bust. Gosh, I totally know what you are going through.

Amy AS said...

Fitcetera, I will email you a copy of the paper.

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

I hope that your presentation goes really well! You can bust through that plateau - I promise!

Losing 50 pounds said...

This research sounds interesting, I would love to read it.

Kellie said...

I am excited to hear about your research and hopefully you will be able to share some of it here!

As for plateaus... sometimes they can be broken if you include a new food in your diet or a new exercise routine.

Good luck! :)

Amy AS said...

Anyone who would like a copy of my research, please email me at aldridga@nsuok.edu