In January 2007, I weighed 420 lbs . In February 2009, I was down to 255 lbs and within 100 lbs of my goal weight. I couldn't get the scale to budge and gave up. By August 2015, I hit a personal high at 442 lbs. Now I'm on a renewed journey to health.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Birthday Cake and Oreos

Sunday was my 32nd birthday. My husband threw a great party for me. I had an 80yo grandmother there as well as my 20yo students. Of course one of them said "douche" in front of her. Nothing like partying inter-generationally.

My husband did buy a huge 3/4 sheet cake though. More than half of it was left after the party. I had one piece after everybody left, then another, then some brownies, then some crab salad. It's my birthday, right? Problem is that cake and cupcakes were a major binge food for me back in the day.

I was up 2 lbs on Monday morning!!

I took the cake (and some leftover cookies) to work on Monday and gave them to anybody who would take them. Of course some of it ended up in my office. I had one piece then another then another.

My husband kept a package of mint Oreos after the party. I dove into those yesterday. Probably had about 10 and then just skipped dinner. I plugged that into a calorie counter though, and I was able to keep my calorie count to 1800 yesterday.

Anyway, all of the crap is out of my house now. Thankfully!!! And I did go do 45 minutes on the treadmill yesterday, and I did do a 30 minute walking tape on Sunday night. I guess it all minimized the weight gain. I was back to 278-279 this morning.

3 comments:

Alexia @ The One Last Thing said...

Happy birthday!

Totally get the cake.

And LMAO about the intergenerational partying.

Q102Briand said...

Happy Birthday and oh about that cake...I used to LOVE (and still do) birthday cake icing! I really dont care all that much for the cake it was just the vehicle to get the icing into my mouth lol.

Congrats on getting right back to eating better and exercising. Hope you are having a great day!

purple_moonflower said...

Happy Birthday!! I totally love me some oreos, but I know that they can bring me over the edge...but it is okay to induldge every now and then, you just gotta get back on the wagon.