In January 2007, I weighed 420 lbs . In February 2009, I was down to 255 lbs and within 100 lbs of my goal weight. I couldn't get the scale to budge and gave up. By August 2015, I hit a personal high at 442 lbs. Now I'm on a renewed journey to health.

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Down 6 pounds!

I'm trying not to be as obsessed with the scale as I was the last time I lost weight. I allowed the numbers to affect me too much. Even when I lost weight, I obsessed that it wasn't enough. And then when I got to 255 lbs and didn't budge for months, I just gave up. I want to weigh in just once a month, but I hopped on there today, after just one week of my last weigh in. I've lost 6 lbs since last week! That was exciting. I also entered it into my Lose It! app so that the calories would adjust.

I do have to keep it in perspective though. Weight loss is just one sign that I'm getting healthier. I also need to focus on fitness and toning.

4 comments:

Retta said...

Congrats on the progress, Amy!

Your last paragraph was your most powerful and important. Otherwise, it's all temporary, as we both know only too well! :-O
Thanks for the reminder, I need to get movin too. :-)

debby said...

I wonder if you are even thinking about this--do you think you could be content at 255 pounds this time? That is a tremendous amount of weight to lose, and sometimes I think we POW's (previously over weight) need to learn to be content at a higher than "normal" weight. Good luck on your journey! I admire you for continuing on.

Amy AS said...

Debby, you're right on. I can be happy at 255 lbs and wish I had that realization back then. I also know that I would have toned up more (even at 255 lbs) if I would have given it time.

movers and packers in Dubai said...

Wonderful being going to your blog once again, it's been weeks to me. This report in which i am silently laid for such a long time