In January 2007, I weighed 420 lbs . In February 2009, I was down to 255 lbs and within 100 lbs of my goal weight. I couldn't get the scale to budge and gave up. By August 2015, I hit a personal high at 442 lbs. Now I'm on a renewed journey to health.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Carbs

Earlier this week I had three very large pieces of bread at an Italian restaurant. A few hours later I fainted on my kitchen floor. I had the same sort of feelings (nausea, light headed, etc.) that I had about a month ago when I had some cheese fries and a quesadilla.

I've done a little research, and I think I may have a disorder that causes my blood pressure to lower when I overdo it on the carbs. I guess that's one way to get me to chill on the carbs!

I'm going to have my doctor refer me to a gastro specialist to get this figured out.

5 comments:

Diane, fit to the finish said...

Wow, that doesn't sound good. I think I'd head to the doctor soon! I think you are doing a great job with your weight loss and I enjoy your postings.

Anonymous said...

wow - I hope you find out what is going on and can keep it at bay easily. Good luck!

Mohamed said...

WOW - I just found your site from another, and am amazed at your weight loss success! Congratulations!!!

Regards,

Mohamed

elife said...

Just found your blog - wow, you are doing great!! Hope you feel better soon.

~closed~ said...

Oh my. I've never heard of this disorder. I hope you're okay.