In January 2007, I weighed 420 lbs . In February 2009, I was down to 255 lbs and within 100 lbs of my goal weight. I couldn't get the scale to budge and gave up. By August 2015, I hit a personal high at 442 lbs. Now I'm on a renewed journey to health.

Monday, June 15, 2009

Calories

I have been eating about 2300 calories a day, which is about 500 more calories than I need to take in to lose weight. For the most part, the food is healthy, but I'm eating too much. I just like the feeling of being full, and I'm eating too much food to get that level of fullness. The only reason I'm able to maintain my weight is because I'm consistent with my exercise.

This weekend I looked through Bethenny Frankel's book " Naturally Thin." It's a book about food choices naturally thin people make. I may end up picking up my own copy of that book.

1 comment:

Diane, fit to the finish said...

Great job! I just saw your blog (from LynnsWeigh) and wanted to drop you a note of encouragement. I dropped half my weight 12 years ago and it was hard, but worth it. Keep up the good work. One thing you are right about it that those calorie requirements do drop as you lose weight.

I think that's a common reason that people quit a diet, because they hit a plateau and then can't adjust the calories and/or exercise enough to get things going. Anyway, I digress - great job and nice blog.